From the 1920’s and 1940’s when trick dogs such as Rin Tin Tin and Lassie won peoples’ hearts, trick dog training has become one of the most exciting new areas in dog training today.
4 TRICK DOG TITLES
NOVICE TRICK DOG (TKN)
- The dog performs 10 skills from the Novice list. If a dog has a Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certificate or title on record at AKC, it can do 5 Novice tricks (CGC + 5) to earn the Novice title.
INTERMEDIATE TRICK DOG (TKI)
- The dog must have the Novice title, plus perform 10 Intermediate tricks.
ADVANCED TRICK DOG (TKA)
- The dog must have the Intermediate title, plus perform 10 tricks from the Advanced list.
TRICK DOG PERFORMER (TKP)
- In this title, handlers perform a short routine with at least 10 tricks with at least 3 tricks using props.
Trick Dog Elite Performer (TKE)
- In the highest level of Trick Dog, the Elite Performers perform a routine that has a story/script. At least 5 props are used.